Friday, April 24, 2009

Freaky Fashion Friday!

I'm super jazzed about this weeks Freaky Fashion Friday. I got to interview the kick ass babe behind Zombie Kitten Originals. Ladies and Gents let me tell you a little secret I LUV pencil skirts! There is just something innocently naughty about a skirt that is modest (hey it does go all the way down to your knees) but at the same time insanely seductive and sexy (its curve hugging and tight).

So now that I have gushed over pencil skirts in general lets get to the freakiest of them all!

I would like to introduce you to Shelly. The brains and beauty behind Zombie Kitten Originals.

Not only does Shelly have mad skirt making skilz, is cute as a button, but i have a feeling she could kick ass in a bar fight if she had to.

Oh ya and she also sits on Alligators...


Zombie Kitten Original skirts go up to a L or XL and range in color and theme from creepy eye balls


to flying saucers.


Her skirts also have a raw twist with the heavy duty zipper in back.


All made to fit like a super sexy glove.

She also has Starfire, Spider Web, Ghost, Blast Off, Bat Attack, Bowl-A-Rama, Coffin, and Atom-o-Matic skirts.

I can not promise you will look like her crazy sexy models, I think anyone lucky enough to have a Zombie Kitten Original pencil skirt will fantastic and feel even better.

Now on to our interview!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have an education in art, sculpture to be specific. How has that influenced your designs if at all?
I think my sculpture background influenced me strongly…I don’t approach clothing with a fashion mind at all; heck I don’t even follow fashion. I approach clothes in an art sense with the attitude of “drawing” fabric or walking pieces of sculpture. I also believe I approach with somewhat more of a social time period references in contrast to just thinking: “wow, putting cherries/skull/whatever on this will be cool”


B movies seem to be a theme for you. If you could be one character form a B movie who would it be and why?

I would want to be one of the alien robots in the movie “Target Earth”-- 1954. Because I would bet to shoot death-rays out my “eyes” and be almost indestructible.

You have said that your mom taught you how to sew. When did you start sewing and what was your first real sewing project?

My mom first put me on a sewing machine when I was in the 3rd grade.
I wanted a particular dress that was in fashion at the time, and coming from a blue-collar family, financially we wera always a little tight. So my mom and me went to the fabric store got a pattern, and some fabric. My mom instructed me step by step how to lay out the pattern for the dress. When it came time to sew the dress, she let me sew a few of the seams.
Then that was it for my interest in sewing until my early 20’s. I wanted to make some plaid mini skirts. I absorb so much more information in those mini skirt sewing lessons, that the first sew adventure! So I would have to say the mini skirts were my first real sewing project.



You have a web page and an etsy shop. Are you a big small business/handmade supporter? What are some of your favorite etsy shops?

OH YES….I am BIG supporter of handmade/small businesses. I think that is were the REAL cutting edge ideas are happening.
Wow this is a hard one; there are so many wonderful artists on etsy.
http://www.FriendlyMade.etsy.com
http://www.diffractionfiber.etsy.com
http://www.pinkbabymouse.etsy.com
http://www.ballandchain.etsy.com
http://www.melaniefavreau.etsy.com
http://www.myimaginaryboyfriend.etsy.com
http://www.sinsandneedles.etsy.com
http://www.heavythreads.etsy.com
http://www.bettieB.etsy.com
http://www.NitroAgogoKustomBags.etsy.com
Ok. Um, yeah….. I better stop there, my list could quickly become be very endless book.

If you could only tell one joke for the rest of your life, what would it be?

The only joke that is burned into my head—it’s a dirty joke!
Q: What did the banana say to the vibrator?
A: What are you shaking about; she is going to eat me first.



You have a good bit of ink, and used to work in a tattoo shop. Has that come through in your designs?

I believe what has transferred over from my days of working in a tattoo shop, to my designs is the big simple, easy to read shapes, that a viewer can make out what the design is from a distance.


What’s playing on your radio/iPod?

I like to daydream about one day owning an iPod. ;)
Right now I can’t stop listening to Black Raven, Lou Cifer And The Hellions and Whip Crackin’ Daddies


When you have time to de-stress/have fun what do you do?

For fun driving my unrestored 1963 Ford Thunderbird (that is mainly white, with a little black and some rust in color!) around, Eating any of these food objects: Philly cheesesteak with wiz and onions, cheese fries with bacon, BLT, grilled cheese…. basically any thing with tons of cheese on it, seems to be very de-stressing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shelly is super nice and friendly and was a great pick for Freaky Fashion Friday!
Now i wonder who i have to kill to get a free skirt......


2 comments:

  1. Awesome interview, I do love Shelley' stuff.
    I definitely need that red cat skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me!!

    ReplyDelete